In this virtual town hall meeting we bring together some of the region's leading policy makers and practitioners to reflect on the smart cities agenda over the past 5 years, and where it goes next. And of course, we answer your burning questions!
Facilitated by Adam Beck (Executive Director Smart Cities Council Australia New Zealand), he will work with a panel to help answer some important questions about our smart cities journey so far, as well as taking questions from the audience and having some fun along the way.
Joining the virtual panel will be region's smart cities leaders, including:
- Michelle Fitzgerald | Chief Digital Officer and Smart Cities Lead, City of Melbourne
- Michael Comninos | Director, Astrolabe Group
- Catherine Caruana-McManus | Director and Co-Founder, Meshed IoT
- Sean Audain | City Innovation Lead, Wellington City Council
- Brook Dixon | Managing Director, Delos Delta
- Meredith Hodgman | Smart Cities Workstream Chair, IOTAA
- Nathaniel Bavinton | Smart City Coordinator, City of Newcastle
- Sandy Burgoyne | Smart Urbanism Lab, University of Sydney
This important and challenging moment in our lives provides the perfect excuse to pause, and reflect. We have some important questions to answer:
- What have we achieved since those early days of smart cities mobilisation, circa 2015 and earlier?
- What have been the big wins, and what still holds us back from scaling?
- Where do Australia and New Zealand sit in the global smart cities marketplace?
- Are we making an impact, and cutting through?
Join us for this unique event.