As on date, the city has undertaken 50 projects worth Rs 9.40 billion under the Smart City Mission, of which, 12 projects worth Rs 1.12 billion have been successfully completed, 16 projects worth Rs 2.57 billion are in progress, and another 22 projects worth Rs 5.68 billion are in the tendering or DPR stages.
K Ramesh, CEO & Managing Director, Kakinanda Smart City Corporation says, "We have also undertaken 15 other projects worth Rs 10.60 billion under convergence. Of this, work is in progress for six projects worth Rs 7.19 billion, and two projects worth Rs 1.50 billion is under the tendering stage."
Meanwhile, the Kakinanda Smart City Corporation has received three bids for development of roads in Kakinada, for which, they have completed the technical evaluation and are awaiting the EPC committee report in processing for approval of price bids.
A total of Rs 3.60 billion worth tenders are in process:
- Development of convertible stadium.
- 24 x 7 water supply including scada.
- Canal Front Development – Phase-I and –II.
- Godavari Kalakshetram.
- Science Centre.
- Multi-level car parking.
- Development of infrastructure in primary schools.
- Skill development centres.
- Smart community initiative – development of slums (Phase-II).
- Implementation of the underground sewerage system.
- Extension of solar or LED street lights.
- Waste management.
- Providing a sewerage system with STP at Yetimoga, Kakinada.
- Outfall stormwater drainage network.
Smart infra: At a total cost of Rs 1.08 billion, we have undertaken DPRs for an underground electrical cabling project, which is aided by the World Bank; and a disaster recovery project; electric public transportation system; smart service delivery interface;and development of stadiums.
Total budgeted amount towards the city’s civil infrastructure works: The total budgeted amount for the city’s infrastructure is Rs 9.40 billion, of which, till date we have spentRs1.15 billion. Under convergence, we have spentRs9.10 billion so far from the budgeted amount of Rs21.12 billion.